Ex Pat Mamma

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Size ten. Again :)

Forgive my vanity....
I tried on some of my trousers again today and I found 3 pairs of size tens that fit! (That's UK ten, not US.) And no, they do not have elasticated waist bands, but are the kind that have no give at all. I had tried on a bunch of clothes when pupo was about 10 days old and they wouldn't even go over my hips, let alone around my waste - and hey, today, here we have the very same pairs on and fastened :) I found a couple more skirts that fit too, including a favourite that I bought in Rome last summer and which, on day 10, was about 4 inches away from zipping up. I look slightly "Canadian teen" with a hint of tummy creeping over the top and a definite bump out front, but hey, I haven't done any excercise yet, 'cause I still can't go back swimming. Can't wait to hit that pool now and tone it all up :)

On which note... in my excitement I went off to find a swimsuit. Something sensible, discreet. Something that could hold my bowling ball and somewhat sensitive boobs. What did I find? Stacks of miniscule, underwireless bikinis. Shall try again when I next have 20 minutes without child care responsibilities... could be sometime next week.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Joy Cassidy said…

    "Shall try again when I next have 20 minutes without child care responsibilities... could be sometime next week." - You are lucky!!!! Didn't know a lecturers salary paid for a nanny service too!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger ex_pat said…

    Got a husband with a "flexible" (read skivy) job ;) Might invest in a wet nurse too...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home