Ex Pat Mamma

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Post-partum amnesia - or something!

I don't miss being pregnant. I didn't have a particularly bad pregnancy compared to some, but it was still rubbish. My bodyweight increased by a third and I was stiff and found it hard to do ordinary things.
I'm certainly not ready to have another baby. Pupo is quite enough for now, thank you!

But I have been thinking a lot recently about giving birth and how fantastic it was, how exciting. I'd love to do that again. This is definitely not what I was thinking the day after, as I recall lying in the hospital bed trying to imagine whether I'd want to do it again and thinking NOOO. NOOOOOOO. Absolutely NOOOO. It hurt. A lot.

But you know what? It's the most exciting experience of my life. There was a moment, maybe half an hour, just before the epidural, when I really felt I couldn't go on. But even when I was pushing and it hurt like nothing I've ever felt, it was so exciting. Just one or two more and it would all be over. And all just beginning.

Ah, the benefit of hindsight!

Pupo is being a petal; he went to bed at 8pm last night. I woke him to feed at 11pm and it is now close to 9am and I haven't heard a peep. Mornings like this fill me with love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home