Ex Pat Mamma

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Scan News

Yesterday we had our much anticipated 8 week scan at the hospital. Baby appears to be fine, a grand 1 cm long with a strong little heartbeat. In truth, I had to take the word of Dr. and hubby on the heartbeat, ´cause I couldn't see anything, but if they are happy, that is good enough for me.
I was expecting to get some information about the antenatal routines here in Iceland but no such luck. Just the scan and a number to call to book an appointment at a pregnant women's clinic in mid January. Off to Italy this weekend, so we can tell the in-laws. Its exciting for everyone because it is the first grandchild on both sides and in both cases, about time too!
First, off home, to relieve myself of my lunch and continue my fine impression of a bulimic. Still feeling physically rubbish and starting to sleep a lot (might be the dark here too, though) but at least I am no longer writhing in a pit of self-pity. Yes, and lest I forget, thanks for your kind words of support, Ms. JC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home