Ex Pat Mamma

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

New Things

We've got a cot and mattress and piss-sheet (that is a literal translation from the icelandic, I am not just being rude). They are coming by some very expensive delivery method. But I don't care, they are coming and dear hubby, when I gave him the list of what "we" needed, even phoned up and arranged it all by himself. On my credit card, but that's beside the point. He is quite good, really, as long as I tell him exactly what to do. And pay for it.

I also disovered a big scratch on my belly. Big red line. Looked like a scratch. Wasn't sore though. Couldn't remember scratching it. Wasn't anywhere near the seam of my trousers. Till I realised.... I've got a stretchmark! All downhill from here :( Needless to say, had a good look all over the rest of my torso and could find two little tiny ones on my hips, which will almost certainly get bigger. There are probably more, but they will be hiding behind the big silvery lines from old stretchmarks I got when I was 17 after a sudden growth spurt (took me long enough: most people have their growth spurts at 13. I was a late developer, what can I say?)

But very very very happy about our cot. Now we only have to assemble it without filing for divorce. Given that hubby is completely rubbish at home furniture assembly (he will even admit it) and given that I am a diva in that department, all would normally be fine. I would do it on my own and he would fix the tea. However, I can't really be going about assembling cots on my own which will involve lifting, etc. so instead, it will be me 'directing' hubby's assembly efforts... if you don't hear from me for a while, I am probably in jail awaiting trial for homicide...

27+3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home