Ex Pat Mamma

Monday, June 13, 2005

Ding Ding.. the Final Lap

In truth, I am surprised and feeling fortunate that I made it this far feeling great. But on Friday, within the space of a few hours, I went from feeling great, to feeling exhausted, stiff, sore tired and, frankly, very pregnant. The weather got hot, my feet and legs swelled up right up to my knees like I have never seen before, my back got stiff and I got aches and pains in places I didn't know I had places. But such is life. Only 5 weeks to go and for some women this all starts much earlier. This is it then. I can't sit for any time, because my uterus squashes everything else. If I stand for any time, my feet swell up. So that leaves lying down. It is great for my legs to lie on my back with them raised: but after 15 minutes my back will throb. It is good for my back (or at least better) to lie on my side. Doesn't do much for the legs though.

Er pupo, on the other hand, would seem to be very comfortable indeed. At least he displays no intention of showing his face any time soon. He has been head down for a while, but has not begun to "engage" (when the head goes down into the pelvis) which can happen a few weeks before birth. So it looks like I've still a while to go.

Still, I know I am truly blessed to be in this state, truly lucky to be prepared to welcome our baby into the World in circumstances where we can give him everything he could need.

35+1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home